Scroll Down for Important Information
Welcome to the Investar Bank, National Association (“Investar”) Family! We thank you for being a valued customer of PlainsCapital Bank branches in Alice and Victoria, Texas and on Friday, February 21, 2020 Investar. This page was designed for you as we transition your account(s). Our goal is to make this as seamless as possible!
All customers of the two former PlainsCapital branches were mailed a Welcome Kit including this information. Please be sure to review the details in this Transition Guide regarding your account(s).
Bill Pay, Online Banking & Mobile Banking
In February 2020, we will be moving PlainsCapital Bank branches in Alice and Victoria, Texas, to Investar’s operating system. Due to this conversion, you may experience limited usability of online banking services, including Bill Pay and Mobile Banking.
- Friday, February 21, 2020 at 5 p.m. CST the Bill Pay system will be unavailable
- Friday, February 21, 2020 at 5 p.m. CST Online & Mobile Banking will be unavailable
We expect all of these services to be available again by 9 a.m. CST on Monday, February 24, 2020. Your online banking user ID will remain the same; however, your password will change. Upon your initial login to Investar’s Online Banking system, you will be prompted to confirm your identity by providing a one-time security code that will be sent to you through text or phone call. You will also be prompted to change your password, and your temporary password will be your five-digit zip code followed by the last four digits of your social security number. You must sign into online banking first before downloading and using the mobile app.
Due to the conversion some changes were necessary in order to merge both bank’s information and features. If you were using the following features on your PlainsCapital online banking system, beginning Monday, February 24, 2020, you can begin re-establishing these features on your Investar online banking profile.
Bill Pay – eBills • External & Internal transfer accounts and scheduled transfers • eStatement registration and paperless settings • Online banking alerts • Zelle® will no longer be available; however, the external transfer feature can be used after initial setup for external transfer accounts
If you are currently using QuickBooks or Quicken, please take a moment and click below to review the instructions to ensure your new connection is made. You will want to complete one last download on or before Friday, February 21, 2020 by 5 p.m. CST to ensure all history is made available.
For personal online banking, login here.
For commercial online banking/BeB, login here.
In February 2020, we are converting your current PlainsCapital Bank MasterCard® debit card to a new Investar Visa® debit card. You will receive your Investar debit card around the middle of February, and it will be a new debit card number. If you have multiple accounts, you may receive more than one card. Please ensure that your primary phone number on file with PlainsCapital is current and accurate for activation purposes.
- Around Friday, February 14, 2020, you will receive your new Investar debit card
- Friday, February 21 – Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Due to this conversion, you may experience limited usability of your current PlainsCapital Bank debit card
- Monday, February 24, 2020
- Begin using your Investar debit card (your PlainsCapital Bank debit card will no longer work)
- You may change your personal identification number (PIN) at any time (instructions will be mailed along with your new Investar debit card)
- Please properly destroy your old PlainsCapital Bank debit card
You will receive your final statement from PlainsCapital toward the end of February, and all future statements will be from Investar.
Important Dates & Information:
- Additional monthly cycle service charges and balance requirements will NOT be assessed on your conversion statement, which will reflect activity through Friday, February 21, 2020
- The frequency of your new statement cycle will remain the same
- Interest earned will be paid Friday, February 21, 2020, which will include interest accrued through Sunday, February 23, 2020, for interest-bearing checking and savings accounts, including NOW and Money Market accounts
We offer and encourage customers to sign up for eStatements to receive them more timely and securely with Investar. If you already receive your statement electronically, you do not need to take any action.
Your loan number(s) will change. You will receive notification of your new loan number. If you currently receive monthly payment notices, your notices will now come from Investar. If you have set up automatic payments from your deposit account, these payments will continue to be processed. Payments can also be made at any Investar branch beginning February 24, 2020.
Beginning Monday, February 24, 2020, you may access 24-Hour Telephone Banking by dialing 877.845.7827 to:
- Check balances on all of your accounts and loans
- See what checks have cleared your account
- Transfer funds between your accounts or make loan payments
- Have a copy of your statement faxed to you
- All of this at your convenience and with no charge